Gulhane Park is one of Istanbul’s oldest and most beautiful gardens.
In the past, Gulhaneh was part of the Topkapi Palace Park and was later separated from it, but to this day it is surrounded by the Palace Wall and in the southern part there are gates leading to it.
In this park there is the Museum of Islamic Sciences, which includes the most prominent inventions, it is very close to Sultanahmet Square, where there is Ayasofya and the Blue Mosque.
This garden is full of plants and trees, and visitors can enjoy the sounds of the birds and see them above the trees, where the municipality of Istanbul has established many of its houses.
By the beginning of April, thousands of flowers are adorned with a green carpet in exquisite colors and beautiful formations, which are magnified by beauty and glamor.
Spring is the perfect time to visit this park, which is a destination for both tourists and locals.
In a speech during a symposium “International Exhibitions” organized by his ministry, Turkish Economy Minister Nihad Zibekji said that his country recorded the highest volume of exports in the history of the Republic of Turkey in March this year and added that Turkish exports are expected to reach 170 billion dollars by the end of 2018.
He pointed out that Turkey has succeeded in increasing its exports to various countries of the world during the past three months, the largest increase in exports was to African countries, with exports increasing by 22 percent during the period, also the Turkish exports to Asia increased by 20 percent and Europe by 17 percent over the same period.
According to data from the Turkish Statistics Agency, the value of Turkish exports during the first three months of this year amounted to 40 billion and 727 million dollars, with an increase of 10.4 percent over the same period last year.
In this article, we present an overview of beautiful mountain areas close to the city of Istanbul, for those who wish to spend the weekend in nature:
- Aava: The closest mountainous area of Istanbul, 100 km away, is located between the Goksu river and Yeshilshay river, with its stunning beauty and magnificent views of the Black Sea, thousands of local and foreign tourists visit it every year.
- Mashukiye: A piece of paradise located between the regions of Kartepe and Sapanja, It has forests, waterfalls that make it a great choice for the weekend, there are also many restaurants serving seafood, and you could spend the night in Jansu homes for $ 60 a night with breakfast.
- Zirve daa evi: wooden houses located in the state of Kojaeli, its rooms offer stunning views. It is a very good option for a great vacation. The prices are attractive for around $ 70 for 2 people, children’s toys and a small zoo, as well as a private camping area.
- Kulin Daa: Located in the Beykoz area near Istanbul, wooden houses surrounded by nature from all sides, the prices are very reasonable, and the cost of accommodation is about $ 30 per person with a morning breakfast.
- Ozjan Daa: In the Bolu state near Istanbul, these mountain houses are located, where you can spend a great holiday with a reasonable price, the cost of living in these houses is about $ 80 for two people with breakfast, and the fishing fans can practice their hobby and catch the available alabalik fish in the river in this area.
- Mudurnu: It is an ancient city also located in the state of Bolu, traveling around its alleys and seeing its old houses is a real pleasure, Saturday is the most appropriate day to visit, where the popular market is set up, and for those who intend to spend the night can stay at the Hajı Shakirler, an historic hotel dating back to 170 years, for around $ 60 for two people with breakfast and lunch.
- Goynuk: It is the quietest city in the state of Bolu, it has many historical places to visit.
- Kuzuluk: Named the Paradise Mineral Springs, it is located in the city of Akyazı in the state of Sakarya, it is about two hours from Istanbul and the road to it passes through the dense and magnificent forests.
- Ineada: it is a great choice for the weekend, close to Istanbul, about three hours away, this area is famous for the Longoz forest on the Turkish-Bulgarian border, a favorite destination for camping enthusiasts.
- Sarısu: A wonderful area stretching on the Black Sea coast, with cafes and camping areas.
According to data released by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the number of tourists coming to Turkey in the first month of this year reached 1.5 million tourists, the highest number ever in this month compared to previous years.
The increase in the number of tourists affected the level of income, which rose by 10 percent and affected the restaurant sector, which demand for food and beverages increased 15 percent.
Istanbul has always the largest number of tourists, the number of its visitors reached 831 thousand in January of 2018, the number of tourists coming from Germany has increased by 10 percent and tourists coming from Russia by 70 percent.
In January 2018, average hotel occupancy rose to 60.6 percent from 28.6
percent in January 2017, and Istanbul has the highest occupancy rate in Europe by 43.5 percent.
The Turkish embassy opened an office in Beirut on Monday to receive requests from foreigners, especially Syrians and Palestinians wishing to travel to Turkey, in the presence of the Turkish ambassador to Lebanon Mr. Çağatay Erciyes.
The office will examine the application of each foreigner provided that he/she is a legitimate resident in Lebanon, whatever his / her nationality, especially the Syrians and Palestinians, where now it is possible to grant them a visa to Turkey by setting a date through the Turkish Embassy on the Internet.
After receiving the appointment, the person should visit the Turkish office, accompanied by the required documents, and it should be replied within a week at the latest, whether approval or rejection.
The Director of the Turkish Office explained that this new office will relieve the pressure on the Turkish Embassy, where the office can receive 100 applications per day, study it quickly and respond to it, while the Turkish Embassy cannot receive more than 20 requests. To get a visa to Turkey it costs $ 90.
Applications can be made via the following website:
For more information:
The real estate sector in Turkey witnessed an increase in the purchase of apartments for foreigners since the beginning of this year until the end of last month compared to the same period last year.
The increased percentage reached 21.4%. The number of apartments bought by foreigners throughout Turkey during this period is 16 thousand and 549 apartments.
The number of apartments purchased by foreigners during the past month alone reached 2152 apartments, with an increase of 21.5 percent compared to the same month last year.
Iraqis ranked first in buying apartments last month, with 405 apartments purchase. The Saudis came second with 239 apartments.
Experts said the reasons for this demand are due to the security and stability in Turkey and the devaluation of the Turkish lira against the dollar.
Foreign Currencies exchange rates made real estate prices very attractive, which had led to an increase in buying demand by foreigners and Turkish expatriates, whilst real estate companies are witnessing a strong demand for property right now, especially in major cities such as Istanbul, Ankara, and Izmir.
Last month hit an increase of 23 percent in the number of foreigners and Turkish expatriates who owned real estate in Turkey, where many Turk’s expatriates, foreign investors and Arabs were able to buy the properties they wanted at a more affordable price after the foreign exchange rate increase in Turkey, especially during October and November.
According to figures released by the Turkish Statistical Institute, 2,677 apartments were sold to Arabs and foreigners during the month of October.
The volume of investment in the public and private sectors is expected to grow by 14.5 percent next year compared to this year, the Turkish Minister of Development said during a speech at a meeting of the Turkish parliament to discuss the draft budget for 2018.
In his speech, the minister praised the new plan to attract investors, through which investors can obtain all the necessary permits from the one hand in the development agency in Istanbul, without having to review any other government agency, and said that investments next year will be in the field of Health, education, potable water, and science technology, as well as social programs to fight poverty and unemployment.
On the other hand, he pointed out that his country is doing a lot of effort to fight unemployment, where more than 900 thousand jobs are provided each year.
The Istanbul Metro and Tunnel Project and the Istanbul III Airport Project have entered the competition for the AEC Excellence Awards, one of the most prestigious international awards to be held in Las Vegas, USA.
The metro line (Kabataş-Mecidiyeköy-Mahmutbey) is 22.5 km long and consists of 19 stations, and 83% of the excavation has been completed and planned to be opened in 2019.
Istanbul’s third airport will be one of the world’s largest and most modern airports. It will provide services to 200 million passengers a year on completion. while the operation of the airport is expected to generate revenues of 22 billion euros in 25 years and will provide more than 100,000 jobs annually at the opening of its first phase.
According to the Turkey Economy Minister, Turkey achieved the highest number of exports in August, reaching 13 billion and 287 dollars, up 12.36% from the previous year.
The total value of Turkish exports during the first eight months of this year reached 103 billion and 348 million dollars, an increase of 10.82 percent compared to the previous year.
The Turkish minister said that Turkey seeks to raise the growth rate in its economy to 4.4% by the end of this year.